Guests of the Mason Dixon Master Chef Tournament will be able to relax and enjoy the beautiful ambiance of the Inn at the Colonnade Baltimore, which boasts marble floors and hand-painted ceilings, while watching the tournament unfold right in front of them. The two fully equipped kitchens will be set-up right in the lobby foyer adjacent to one of Baltimore’s most fashionable restaurants - the Inn at the Colonnade’s very own Alizée American Bistro. The Inn at the Colonnade Baltimore is conveniently located in the historic neighborhood of Roland Park and Homewood, with plenty of on-site parking for guests.
The Mason Dixon Master Chef Tournament, which pits 16 local chef teams one-on-one in a single-elimination competition begins June 16th.
This multi-week event is a single-elimination tournament designed to showcase some of the area's finest executive chefs and restaurants. Guests attending this exciting event will be more than just spectators, as they enjoy the unique experience of witnessing two spectacular area chefs battle it out in the prep kitchen right on the main floor. Each evening two chef teams go head-to-head to prepare an appetizer, entrée and dessert for each of three expert judges, as well as amuse bouche portions of their entrees for up to 30 audience member judges. Their creations are scored on creativity, presentation and taste, and only one chef advances to the next round. At the end of this tournament only one of the 16 competing chefs will emerge as THE Mason Dixon Master Chef! 10% of the net proceeds of each ticket sold directly to Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland. More information available at www.MasonDixonMasterChef.com, on Twitter @MDMasterChef, and Facebook at Mason Dixon Master Chef.
Tickets for all 15 dates of this summer-long single-elimination chef competition are available for purchase at: http://www.
masondixonmasterchef.com. Tickets for most matches are $25 for general admission and $45 for judging experience (including all taxes). In addition, the Mason Dixon Master Chef Tournament donates 10% of the net proceeds of each ticket sold directly to their charity partner Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland.
Competition Dates ():
- , 17, 23, 24, 30
- July 1, 14, 15, 21, 22, 28, 29
- August 11, 12, 24
- – Happy Hour with Complementary Appetizers and Wine Tasting, plus Drink Specials
- – Cold Prep Begins for the Competition
- – Chef Competition
- – Judging Begins, Complementary Dessert and Coffee Served
2014 Mason Dixon Chef Competitors
- Nina Swartz, Aida Bistro & Wine Bar
- Gerado Goncales, Anastasia/Tapas Adela
- Kiet Philavanh, Basta Pasta
- Janny Kim, Bistro Blanc
- Timothy Dyson, Bluegrass Bistro
- Rob Palen, Captain James Landing
- Aaron McCloud, Cedar DC
- Adam Snyder, Chef’s Expressions
- Jake Hack, Conrad’s Seafood
- Shawn McClure, Cowboys and Rednecks
- Fabio Mura, Grille 620
- James DiChiara, The Mt. Airy Tavern
- Jirat Suphrom In, My Thai
- Jeff Keeney, The Point in Fells
- Mark Tracey, Roland Park Place
- Matt Szymanski, The Wonderland Ballroom