Over the last couple years I have used restaurant.com many times to get $25 restaurant gift certificates for $10 (and it you sign up for the emails they have sales where things are 50% off or sometimes more).
As I was surfing the net I found another site called Baltimore Dining Deals that has $100, $50 and $25 gift certificates at half price ($25 for $12.50). They also carry other denominations of certificates. Now I never used this site.
So from prior experience and what I researched here is some information about both--
- it covers not just Baltimore but other states
- has many more places to pick from
- lower prices
- good for one year after purchase date
- has a customer service if there are problems
- all certificates are printed from home
- can purchase more than one certificate
- offers a way of making online reservations
- each certificate has stipulations about party number, bill total, etc.
Baltimore Dining Deals
- limited number of places
- can be used for multiple visits until credit is fully used
- $3.00 charge on all orders for shipping and handling
- If their is more than one location of restaurant can only be used at the one listed
- can be used towards alcoholic drinks
- expires after 6 months
- limited to how many of each certificate you can purchase.
There are many more things that I could have listed about each place but then this post would have gone on and on- so stop by each site and check it out. Let me know if you use Baltimore Dining Deals or your thoughts on either place.