Want to save money on your next meal out? Many restaurants -- from chains to local eateries offer Kids Eat Free deals.
Restaurants are always looking to offer deals to lure in families during tough economic times. One thing they are doing is offering a "kids eat for free" deal. Kids-eat-free promotions, which are often on Tuesday or Monday nights, are an incentive restaurants are using to attract customers during the economic slump.
Typically, such meals are served only to kids age 12 (sometimes even 10) and under. Your child must order from a special kids' menu and the child must be with an adult who's dining at the same time and ordering a regular-priced meal. Make sure you check how many kids can eat free, per paying adult and does the deal apply all day, or just for certain hours?
Kids-eat-free nights often are promoted only through word-of-mouth. Barry Yow, of Greensboro, N.C., who with his wife, Karen, started MyKidsEatFree.com. The database lists deals of the week for more than 3,000 restaurants nationwide.
Some other great sites:
Here are some of the national chains and local places where kids can eat for little to nothing:
- CiCi's Pizza- children ages three and younger eat free, while kids from four to 10 qualify for a reduced price
- Denny's- free on Tuesdays and some Saturdays
- Holiday Inn Hotels and Resorts- In the U.S. and Canada, up to four kids eat free per registered family
- Lone Star Steakhouse- two kids eat free with the purchase of an adult entree on Tuesdays for dinner and Saturdays for lunch
- Perkins- at participating locations; check your nearby restaurant
- Roadhouse Grill- free on Tuesdays when the child is accompanied by an adult
- Fogo de Chao- kids 5 and under eat for free and kids 6 to 11 eat for half price
- Nacho Mama's- in Canton, kids under 10 eat free on Wednesdays
- Buffalo Wild Wings- l has kids' night on Wednesdays
- Austin Grill 2 children eat free with adult purchase on Tuesdays
- Applebees - Mondays one kids meal with every adult meal purchase. Additional kids eat for $1.00.
- Damon's- Wednesday 1 free kids meal with each adult entree.
- Moe's Southwestern Grill- Monday children eat free with an adult purchase.
- Red Robin - Monday & Tuesday between 5:00pm and 9:00pm. Children 10 and under eat free
- Boston Market - Everyday, all day. Kids eat for $0.99 with an adult purchase
- Fuddrucker's - Monday & Tuesday between 4:00pm and 9:00pm. Children 12 and under eat for only $0.99 off the kids
- menu (drink included).
- Golden Corral - Tuesday. Kids eat for $1.99. Children 3 and under eat free.
If you find a great place that offers Kids-eat-free nights leave a comment to share with others.
*Remeber that deals and offers are always subject to change