Mark your calendars on April 30th from for Maryland Day, the University of Maryland’s family-friendly, festival-style celebration featuring more then 400 events and exhibits that draws more then 75,000 visitors of all ages.
Maryland Day is a great chance to explore UMD’s 1,250-acre campus with tours, exhibits, hands-on demonstrations and performances that educate and entertain toddler and adults alike. The 18th annual, must-attend open house has become one of the most popular events in the Washington, D.C./Virginia/ Maryland region.
Some events are:
· Learn about The Terp Farm and how UMD promotes sustainable food and agriculture
· Come cook common international foods with UMD chefs
· Come to the Beekeeping Club table for honey tasting and learn the impact bees have on our food system
· Enjoy fame-grilled delights while learning about Alpha Gamma Rho
· Get grilled sandwiches and kabobs with the Animal Science Graduate Student Association
· Learn about food safety, nutrition and health and wellness for all ages
· Listen to live music
· See art exhibits, poetry readings, and fashion showcases
· Watch chemistry and Engineering experiments
· And so much more!
The Maryland Day site is http://marylandday.umd.edu/